Effectively Supervising and Motivating Your Team
|Venue:||FIU @ I-75 1930 SW 145th Ave, Room 427, Miramar, FL 33027|
Is your team not motivated enough? Is your leadership style currently not leading to an increase in performance? Maybe you are just tired of “winging it” when it comes to supervising your team? Or maybe you just want to develop and expand your knowledge when it comes to effective leadership.
Your ability to lead and motivate people is critical to your success as a manager. Your organization and your team count on you to provide leadership—to navigate through change, make tough decisions, while focusing on vital tasks. Leadership is not about being authoritarian or hard on people. It is about having high expectations and helping people meet them. It is about making tough decisions and having the courage to take risks. It is about seeking opportunities for change, building enthusiasm for change efforts, and being an agent of change.
Find out what employees really look for in a leader, what engages them, and what motivates them. This one-day training aims to teach you the essential habits of highly effective supervisors, increase your ability to make quick decisions without compromising relationships, and expand your creativity to motivate your employees efficiently to increase performance and productivity. By the end of this session you should feel more creative, inspired, and enlighten to supervise and motivate your team.
- The Positive and Supportive Work Environment
- How to Engage and Motivate Different Workers
- Reasons Relationships Are Essential for Growth and Success
- Your Role and Purpose in Your Organization
- Meetings – Do You Waste Time?
- Expectations, Directions, and Deadlines
- Strategies to Build Highly Effective Teams
- Change – How it’s Communicated?
- Training and Development
- The Essence of Being Personable
- Bring out the Coach in You – Don’t Criticize the Person, Criticize the Work
- The Importance of Delegation
- Motivating Your Team
- Developing Your Team
- Communicating and Working With Your Team – and With Others
- Managing Discipline
- Traps to Avoid
- Learn effective strategies to build a culture built on trust and support
- Develop essential skills to bring out the best in your employees
- Broaden your understanding of effective leadership
- Comprehend the essence of learning what motivates each individual
- Recognize the importance of being personable, yet not too personable
- Include each person in decision-making processes
- Communicate change effectively and efficiently
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR – FRANK ORIFICI
Mr. Orifici has a BS in psychology from Appalachian State, and an MS. Ed in English Ed from FIU, Frank’s interest is primarily in the area of student success and retention, with a focus on at-risk, including disabled or differently abled and immigrant/refugee populations. For most of the past 22 years, he has worked as an advisor at MDC and, since 2012, at FIU. He has been teaching PAD3438 Communication Skills for Policy and Management since 2000. He has facilitated a number of professional development programs with a focus of leadership and team building.