Records Management Certification Program
|Venue:||FIU @ I-75 1930 SW 145th Ave Miramar, FL 33027|
This two-day program is designed to inform public sector administrators and staff about records management and maintenance under the laws of the State of Florida and about new technologies and management systems in the field of records management.
This program provides an overview of managing information by performing practical task-oriented, hands-on exercises throughout. The program focuses on using records management as a tool for supporting agency business processes. Upon completion of these courses, participants will have the information and skills necessary to perform their records management duties more efficiently and effectively.
The program is composed of four (4) three-hour modules:
Module I - Focuses on the basics of records management and maintenance, including public records law in Florida, privacy vs. right-to-know, and records retention and deduction.
Module II - Addresses file management and design, and include an historical look at file management, equipment and supplies, information storage, and retrieval systems.
Module III - Covers imaging and focuses on the legalities and standards related to Microfilm and optical digitizing, computer retrieval systems, and cost analyses.
Module IV - Addresses disaster preparedness/recovery system and contemporary records management issues including off-site storage, facilities management, and vital records. A one-hour question and answer session will be included at the end of Module IV.
Class Learning Objectives:
- Understand the business and legal benefits of establishing a records retention program
- Explain how to conduct and document legal research on federal, state, and local records retention requirements
- Establish guidelines for developing vital records operating procedures
- Identify the various types of coding systems
- Recommend solutions for common filing problems and for safeguarding the security and confidentiality of records
- Identify the reasons for careful selection of records housing equipment and describe the criteria and considerations in selecting equipment
- Explain how to establish an effective forms analysis program
- Identify the scope and functions of mail management programs
- Outline policies and procedures for establishing a records disposal system for a records center
- Describe the principles of conservation of archival materials to ensure their permanent preservation
a:https:/www.eventbrite.come/records-management-certification-program-understanding-the-business-and-legal-benefits-of-launching-tickets-32096167501?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text,REGISTER HERE. }