Certification in Nonprofit Management
The Florida International University Metropolitan Center is now offering a Certification in Nonprofit Management. This seven (7) session model is designed to develop the knowledge, insights and abilities to enter or advance your career in the nonprofit field. Learn how to lead and manage people, develop strategies, build effective programs, connect with supporters and maintain a healthy and efficient nonprofit organization.
Access to ongoing training for nonprofit leaders is essential for their success. Nonprofit leaders, especially executive directors have to serve many roles from finance, governance, and human resources to marketing and public relations, fundraising, program development and more. There are very few who come to these nonprofit leadership positions with all the knowledge and experience necessary to handle each of these diverse roles with ease. Ongoing training is critical to keep up with best practices in the nonprofit sector and provide a platform for learning new skills and improving others.
- Learn about the current trends, challenges, and promising practices in nonprofit management
- Learn strategic practices for leading and managing change
- Develop leadership tools necessary to influence policy decisions, encourage collaboration, and build coalitions
- Explore strategies for building and sustaining partnerships
- Strengthen the capacity to lead in a diverse society
Class days and times:
This seven session model is scheduled on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. beginning April 9, 2016. The dates of the seven sessions are: April 9, April 16, April 23, April 30, May 7, May 14, and May 21. Program will take place at FIU @ I-75, 1930 SW 145th Ave, Room 422, Miramar, FL 33027.