- Training Institute
- Employee Development Programs
- Business and Telephone Etiquette: Modern Manners for Today’s Business World and Beyond!
Business and Telephone Etiquette: Modern Manners for Today’s Business World and Beyond!
Proper business and telephone etiquette in the work place
Have you ever felt awkward in a business situation because you simply did not know how to respond? Come to this class to learn more about what is proper and expected of you. In an era when companies are competing on the basis of service, manners are much more than a social nicety; they are a crucial business skill. In fact, good manners are good business. This no-nonsense “manners reference” refreshes participants on everyday etiquette and makes sure they’re on their best behavior. It provides quick guidance on such pertinent and timely topics as: telephone, e-mail, and Internet etiquette, table manners, grooming and business dress, written communications, gift giving, resumes and interviews, making introductions, public speaking, networking, etc.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Learn how to behave in various business situations
- Gain understanding of how you are perceived based upon your behavior
- How to establish proper meeting etiquette
- Tips for positioning people to come prepared to add value to your meeting
- How to balance the contributions of attendees
- Proven methods to lead a meeting to keep it on topic and avoid going over schedule
- Rules of thumb for using the right format and tools for effective decision making
- Ways to work with functionally diverse teams
- Different approaches for leading formal and informal meetings
Please click here to contact the Metropolitan Center Training Institute so that they may work with you to provide these services on-site.