- Training Institute
The Metropolitan Center has provided training to many agencies and municipalities locally over the past ten years in topics as diverse as essential customer service skills to creating organizational performance measures. The Training Institute is committed to providing high quality training programs at reasonable cost to state agencies, local government, and non-profit organizations in South Florida. Over the past five years, the Training Institute has [also] focused on delivering contract training. Training programs are customized to the specific needs of the client and are conducted either at the training facilities at the Metropolitan Center location in downtown Miami or on site for the sponsoring agency.
SHRM Professional Development Credits Available for All Sessions
- Records Management Certification Program: The Business and Legal Benefits of Establishing Records. May 15 - May 16, 2017. 11am - 3pm. Cost: $240 - $255. More information.
- Conquering Presentations: Public Speaking and Presentation. May 17 - May 18, 2017, 8:30am - 12:30pm. Cost: $60-$75. More information.
- Adobe Connect Essentials: Intro Course. May 23, 2017, 11:00am - 1:00 pm. Cost: $20-$25. More information.
- Performance Measurement and Balance Scorecard. May 24 - May 25, 2017, 8:30am - 12:30pm. Cost: $65-$75. More information.
- Human Resource Innovation and Strategy: Recruiting, Motivating, and Retaining. Jun. 7, 2017. 8:30am - 12:30pm. Cost: $40-$55. More Information
- - Local Economic Development Tools & Techniques (102). June 8, 2017, 8:30am - 12:30pm. Cost: $20-$30. More information.
- Certification in Nonprofit Management. Sep. 9, - Oct. 21, 2017, 9am - 4pm. Cost: $1,300-$1,400. More information.
- Financial Literacy and Retirement Preparedness: Your Spending, Your Savings, Your Future! Sep. 12 - Sep. 13, 2017, 8:30am - 4:30pm. Cost: $175. More Information
- Hospitality Trends for 2017. September 20, 2017, 8:30am - 12:30pm. Cost: $45-$50. More information.
- Grant Writing 102 Certification Program. September 26-27, 2016, 9am - 4pm. Cost: $450-$500. More information.
- Retirement Planning. October 3, 2017 and October 10, 2017, 10am - 1pm. Cost: $59. More information.
- Innovative Infrastructure Finance. October 4, 2017, 9am - 1pm. Cost: $65-$75. More information.
- Records Management Certification Program. Oct. 10 - Oct. 11, 2017, 9am - 4pm. Cost: $245-$255. More information.
- Strategic Planning and Management. Oct. 18 - Oct. 19, 2017, 8:30am - 12:30pm. Cost: $70-$75. More information.
- Office Professionalism. Oct. 25, 2017, 9am - 1pm. Cost:$45-$50. More information.
- GIS 102 (Intermediate). Nov. 1, 2017 - Nov. 2, 2017, 8:30am - 12:30pm. Cost:$90-$100. More information.
- Effectively Supervising and Motivating Your Team. Nov. 8, 2017, 8:30am - 12:30pm. Cost: $45-$50. More information.
- Leadership in Urban Management. Nov. 15, 2017, 8:30am - 12:30pm. Cost: $105-$115. More information.
About Our Trainers
We have gifted and enthusiastic instructors who bring a wealth of experience from the public, private, and non-profit sectors to each session. Training is immediately evaluated and participant’s feedback is “looped” into future content.
Our training staff is well-regarded in the community and consistently receives high scoring evaluations from trainees.
Our training staff and associates are certified in their respective area of expertise; indeed their skills are not only certificated, they are also applied on a daily basis therefore teaching is from a basis of experience and theory.
Providing this level of trainers helps to set our programs apart from others and enable us to be quite adaptive to the needs of our clients.
Allow us to train your employees to reach their peak performance using techniques provided by one of our unique training programs!
For continual growth, FIU Metropolitan Center is frequently searching for exceptional facilitators/trainers to join our pool of qualified trainers. We are always interested in skilled, knowledgeable and highly motivated people.
For consideration to become a trainer or to receive our newsletter with upcoming trainings, please email the Training Coordinator at email@example.com