Grant Writing 102 Certification Program
|Venue:||FIU Downtown Brickell 1101 Brickell Avenue S-226 Miami, FL 33131|
Skills and Strategies to Write Effective Grant Proposals
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This detailed training presents an in-depth explanation of the grant development process from start to finish. The workshop format will feature both lecture sessions and group activities. Participants will attend several group sessions enabling them to meet and interact with others who have similar interests and needs. Specifically, participants will identify potential grant-writing partners and grant reviewers from their state and local area and will discuss relevant grant issues and strategies with other professionals from similar disciplines (such as education, mental health, social service, health care, law enforcement, etc.) To receive certification, upon completion, participants will be required to successfully complete an exam.
This seminar addresses both practical and conceptual aspects that are important to the proposal-writing process. Emphasis is given to idea development, identification of the appropriate granting agency, how to write for reviewers, and tips and strategies of proven value in presenting an applicant’s case to reviewers.
Participants will be tasked with completing a sample grant application, respective to career field of service. Participants will be tasked with putting together a proposal, respective to career field of service.
Prerequisite: Attended Grants 101, and/or earned at least an Associate of Arts/Associate of Science degree. (Email supporting documents to Jacquesk@fiu.edu).
- Introduction to Grant Writing
- Needs Based Assessment and Research
- Intermediate Grant Writing
- Program Development and Evaluation
- Budget Preparation
- Nonprofit Organizations - Exempt status and Charitable status
- Standards of Charitable Accountability
- Evaluating Foundation RFPs
- Researching Statistics to document the Problem Statement
- Writing goals, objectives, outcomes and a program narrative
- Planning Program Evaluations
- Writing Letters of Inquiry, Proposals, and Applications for Foundations and Corporations
- Writing Government Grant pre-applications and applications
- Planning Non-Profit and Government Non-Construction Budgets
- Professional Standards and Ethics
- Researching grant funding opportunities
- Applying proofreading, copyediting, and technical writing skills
- Comprehending the process for filing grant applications
- Understanding the basics of nonprofit development
- Preparing grant proposals