|Venue:||FIU Downtown Brickell 1101 Brickell Avenue, FDBS 226, Miami, FL 33131|
Tuesday, October 3rd and Tuesday, October 10th. *
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Every client’s situation is unique and there are many financial products in the market, and so choosing the ones that best meet an individual client’s needs can be complicated. We take a personal approach to our Retirement Income Planning. We start with a one-on-one conversation so we can customize a retirement income plan that will help you reach your objectives.
Section 1: Life Planning for Retirement
- Life planning for retirement
- The changing retirement landscape
- New retirement opportunities
- Values and objectives in nine areas of life
- The retirement planning process
Section 2: Retirement Needs & Expenses
- Early retirement trends
- How long must your money last?
- Inflation, prices and purchasing power
- Retirement expectations
- How much will you need to retire?
- Can you retire today?
Section 3 - Roadblocks & Mistakes
- Retirement planning mistakes
- Financial and cash-flow statements
- Credit and debt
- Taxes and marginal tax rates
- Strategies to save money on taxes
- Taxable investments
- Capital gains income tax exclusion
- Investments with tax advantages
Section 4 - Retirement Income Sources
- Traditional vs. Roth IRAs
- IRA to Roth IRA conversions
- Other retirement income sources
- Social Security eligibility and benefits
- Recent changes in Social Security
- Defined benefits vs defined contributions
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR – ANDREW CARRILLO
Andrew Carrillo is the President and Founder of Barnett Capital Advisors. He began his career at Ameriprise Financial Services Inc. but decided to depart from the firm because he realized how much being an independent financial advisor could benefit his current and future clients. Throughout his career, Andrew has earned the designation of Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®), Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM (AWMA®), and Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM (CRPC®), each of which requires advanced financial planning studies and adherence to a strict code of professional conduct.