Economic and Housing Market Analysis
Economic and Community Development Plans and Studies:
Strategic economic development projects are studies that look at regional development problems and opportunities. Over the last ten years, the Center has worked on major projects that have regional implications.
Make it Miami: Report on Miami's Manufacturing Sector
This report puts the spotlight on one industry sector that has not received sufficient attention: manufacturing. While Miami’s manufacturing sector is not among the top employers, it is a major contributor to Miami-Dade’s economy in terms of output. The sector’s output or value of production is $17.6 billion, or almost 7% of the total output of Miami-Dade’s economy.
Healthy West Kendall, 2019
Led by West Kendall Baptist Hospital, the Healthy West Kendall coalition was selected as one of five communities in the U.S. to participate in Communities of Excellence 2026 — a learning collaborative that uses the Baldrige Excellence Framework to improve the health status, educational attainment and economic vitality of the community. The Healthy West Kendall Community Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) was designed to advance the work of the coalition, including the previously completed West Kendall Baldrige-based Community Profile.
Delray Beach Competitive Assessment & Cluster Strategies Economic Development Study, 2019
The City of Delray Beach engaged the FIU Metropolitan Center to complete a Competitive Assessment and Cluster Strategies Economic Development Study to suggest key strategies for the City’s short and long-term economic development planning processes. This study assesses 1) Delray’s competitive position, 2) its economic structure, strengths, and opportunities, 3) labor force, and 4) housing and real estate market performance.
Broward County Affordable Housing Needs Assessment, 2018
The 2018 Broward County Affordable Housing Needs Assessment provides a current market perspective on the key demand and supply factors impacting the production and availability of affordable housing in Broward County.
Miami-Dade County Prosperity Initiatives Study
The study presents a comprehensive analysis of the Miami-Dade economy and offers an innovative 5-point program to address the County’s most difficult community development challenges.
Economic Development Implementation Plan (EDIP) for Miami-Dade County:
This project grew out of a rigorous analysis of obstacles to economic expansion within Miami-Dade County, identified clear and workable development strategies and offered major recommendations for improving the local economic atmosphere. Click here for more information.
Florida East Coast Corridor Strategic Action Plan:
The project includes new guidelines and strategies for affordable housing and transportation revitalization to stimulate redevelopment in a high-potential area. Click here for access to the projects.
Miami Targeted Industries
This project involves a detailed study and analysis of the three industrial sectors identified in the “FEC Corridor Strategic Redevelopment Plan.” The study focused on the following specific areas of economic growth and job creation: industry profiles, inventory and classification of local firms, market base study, public infrastructure and site planning needs, private capital needs, production technologies, supporting and complementary industries, management training needs, workforce development needs, and institutional support. The following is the link to the study: Miami Targeted Industries.
Other projects and relevant reports are listed below.
- Progress and Unmet Challenges: Sant La’s Profile of The Haitian Community of Miami-Dade, (2010-2015)
- Miami-Dade Economic Advocacy Trust Annual Report and Scorecard (2014)
- Miami River Economic Study: City of Miami
- Economic Outlook, City of Hialeah (2008)
- Community Action Agency Comprehensive Needs Assessment (2008)
- Thirty-Year Retrospective: The Status of the Black Community in Miami-Dade County
- Sistrunk Boulevard Mixed-Use Development Market Study
- Miami Springs 36th Street Corridor (2003)
- Martin Luther King Commercial Corridor Study
- 79th Street Initiative
Housing Market Analysis
- Little Haiti Community Needs Assessment: Housing Market Analysis (2015)
- Affordable Housing Linkage Fee Program for Broward County (2015)
- City of Marathon Workforce/Affordable Housing Assessment & Action Study (2014)
- Broward County Affordable Housing Needs Assessment (2014)
- Affordability Foreclosed: The Rental Housing Challenge (2013)
- Broward County Affordable Housing Needs Assessment (2011)
- Broward County Housing Needs Assessment (2009)
- South Florida Workforce Housing Best Practices (2008)
- South Florida Workforce Housing Needs Assessment (2008)
- Miami-Dade County Workforce Housing Needs Assessment (2008)
- Rental Housing Study of Palm Beach and Martin Counties (2007)
- Palm Beach County Workforce Housing Market Update (2007)
- Broward County Affordable Housing Market Update and Municipal Scorecard (2007)
- Monroe County Affordable Housing Needs Assessment (2007)